Today I came with one of my favorite childhood recipe “Jackfruit Halwa”. Jackfruit also known as Breadfruit, in Hindi its khatal. We can eat Jackfruit raw & ripen both ways. In some place raw jackfruit used to make different variety of sabjis. Ripen jackfruit can be eaten as it is or you can make different delicious sweets.
Health Benefits: –
Jackfruit is a nutritional bonanza. It’s rich in vitamins, minerals & dietary fiber. As it is low in calories, sodium & does not contain cholesterol or unhealthy fats. Some of the health benefits of jackfruit for your kids include providing necessary dietary fiber, minerals and vitamins. Jackfruit is also rich in energy and free from saturated fats or cholesterol. You little ones can get a rich source of vitamins A, C, riboflavin, niacin, thiamine, and folate in this fruit.
Doctors advise that it is best to wait till your baby is eating solids to introduce jackfruit. Some doctors even advise waiting till your baby is at least 2 1/2 years old before you introduce this food. The high fiber content in the fruit can cause your baby to have upset stomach. Many kids are known to pass watery stools when it is introduced to their diet. So before introduce it to toddlers please follow step which each mom’s do before introducing any new food.
Today’s recipe: – Jack fruit Halwa
1 ½ cup of jackfruit powder (Everest Jackfruit powder. Its a raw jackfruit powder)
¼ cup of sugar
½ cup ghee
½ cup milk.
½ cup mawa.
* Roast the jackfruit powder with ghee till it turns brown in color.
* In the sauce pan add water & sugar to boil. Boil till the sugar gets dissolve.
* Now add the sugar water slowly slowly to the roasted jackfruit powder.
* Keep on stirring. To avoid lumps in it.
* When ghee comes out add mawa crush to it.
* Now transfer it to a plate & garnish it with dry fruits.
Note :- If you want to use ripe jack fruit instead of packet powder. Please crush & use. During that time no need to use mawa & you can replace sugar with jiggery.
Precautions, Side Effects and Disadvantages :-
In spite of having number of health benefits, it has some side effects and disadvantages to the health which are mentioned below:
- It may cause some allergic reactions to your child if he or she is sensitive to it. Jack fruits may also cause sensitivity in kids suffering from birch pollen allergies. • It is high calorie and carbohydrate rich vegetable thus should be eaten within limit • Because of its powerful laxative nature it may cause diarrhea in your kids
For more detail in health benefits regarding jackfruit Please follow this site.